Thursday, June 2, 2016

Event 5




The S.A.D. event was my favorite event so far. It inspired me so much! I think I want to be a DESMA major now. Students were so creative with their projects. I really enjoyed walking around the exhibit, and looking at all of the projects. There were so many interesting ones but my favorite one was about the Desperate Housewives. 



Ari Govan was the artist I chose to study at the exhibit. She is friends with my teammates on my volleyball team, and one of them is actually featured in her artwork holding a knife pointed at a pie. I thought her project was absolutely amazing and super creative. She made a title sequence for a TV show. She used a combination of footage from the 1950's and her own footage to create it. The show Dexter was her inspiration. 



She used a combination of art and science to create her title sequence. She used technology (her computer) to splice together different clips. She used art to sequence them in a specific order, and pose scenes to film. Her project was very successful and entertaining. 

Besides her title sequence, Ari also created posters. She was inspired by the TV shows Desperate Housewives, and Masters of Sex. She posed people (my teammate!) in a bed and with a pie and a knife. The pictures turned out really well. 


After looking at Ari's display, it made me think that a career involving DESMA would be amazing. DESMA is a really great subject because it uses both art and science. I enjoy both of these subject matters immensely. All of the projects displayed had a mixture of science and art. This exhibit showed me how amazingly talented UCLA students are, and how important DESMA is to our culture flourishing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment